Self-learning Language Centres
Self-learning Language Centres (SLLC)
|The Self-learning Language Centre is located in the library of two HHB and WK campuses and provides a variety of language support including English, Chinese, Putonghua, Japanese, French, German, Korean and Spanish to assist CPCE students in their independent language development. As a CPCE student, you can use the SLLC to study and practise language independently. We hope all services we provide in this center will help you become an active independent learner who can:|
- Motivate yourself to learn
- Assess your own strengths, weaknesses and needs
- Set your learning objective(s) (i.e. what, how, where and when to learn)
- Create a realistic study schedule
- Work on your study plan
- Evaluate your learning performance
- Revise your learning objective/study plan after the evaluation
The SLLC has a study room with 30 PCs available in each of the campus. All 30 PCs have access to educational learning software, the internet and library resources, 10 of which contain electronic self-learning English programmes.
The SLLC's resources include:
- Books that help develop your language skills for language enhancement and exam preparation, namely, IELTS, TOEFL and GMAT.
- Electronic self-learning English programmes such as Business Writing, Active Reading, Connected Speech, Clear Pronunciation, Tense Buster, Customer Service Communication Skills, English for Hotel Staff, Study Skills Success, etc.
- Audio-visual materials like movies, TV programs, and DVDs ‧ Online resources for practising and developing language skills that comprehensively cover Grammar, Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, Vocabulary and Pronunciation.
- Tailor-made workshops and services for guided independent English learning programme, self-study skills and English enhancement workshops.